More Great Content from Andy Mewborn, our Leader to Follow on LinkedIn
Updated: May 23
After his previous post on "One Email Can Completely Change Your Life", Andy is sharing with us more great content on his How to Use ChatGPT to Become a Cold-Email Writing Machine! "How to use chatGPT to become a cold-email writing machine:
STEP 1: GRAB AN OLD EMAIL WITH A HIGH RESPONSE RATE
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
You can use Outreach, Salesloft, Apollo, etc. to filter emails with the highest reply rates in the past.
Copy this email to your clipboard.
You'll need it for step 2.
STEP 2: USE THIS CHATGPT PROMPT
I am going to train you to become a cold email-writing expert.
Here's the text of a previous cold email I sent that's gotten a high-response rate:
[insert email from step 1]
I am going to give you an industry and a persona, and you are going to write 10 cold emails using elements from the above email.
The key to writing a great cold email is the call to action at the end of the email. It needs to give the prospect a reason to reply. Here's how:
• Tell the prospect the benefit of your call to action (like "you will receive the latest insights from CFOs" or "my CEO will be present")
• You are optimizing for a "yes" or "no" answer from the prospect. Don't make them think too hard.
Are you ready for me to give you the persona and industry?
STEP 3: REMIX THE RESULTS
A. Ask chatGPT to make change the tone:
• Make it more professional
• Make it more lighthearted
• Make it more optimistic
B. Ask chatGPT to change style
• Rewrite as if they were 5
• Rewrite so it can be read on mobile
• Rewrite for a busy executive
C. Ask chatGPT to use inspiration
• Rewrite it like Andy Mewborn woud
• Rewrite it like Josh Braun would
• Rewrite it like Annie Mewborn would
There you have it, papi.
You are now a cold-email writing machine!"